Author Topic: WatchESPN  (Read 20585 times)

Offline Kylebob20

• View Profile
WatchESPN
« on: April 25, 2012, 08:39:05 PM »
There is an app for iPhones that allows you to watch espn channels on your phone. Mediacom currently isn't a provider for this app. I doubt this will help any at all but I would like to put a request in to mediacom to look into becoming a provider.

MediacomTim

Re: WatchESPN
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 08:41:04 PM »
At this time we do not offer WatchESPN, but you do have access to ESPN3. I will submit a request to our marketing department on your behalf for this feature.

Offline Zeb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 03:27:18 PM »
Any update on this?

MediacomTim

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 03:29:36 PM »
I did submit the request, but at this time there has been no update as to when we will offer WatchESPN.

Offline illibuck

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 07:39:00 PM »
i'm also eagerly waiting for access to ESPN and BigTen2Go for our phone devices thru Mediacom ! Put in a request for me also. By the way, we love having HBO available for our phones.

MediacomTim

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 07:51:47 PM »
Hello, I will be happy to submit the request for you. Can you send me a Personal Message with your account or phone number?

Offline Rustynails

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 06:14:32 PM »
I too would like WatchESPN to be offered by MediaCom. Are there any plans to offer this. I would like to be able to watch ESPN from my iPad and this is the only way I can do it. Thanks.

MediacomTim

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 06:23:41 PM »
At this time we have no ETA as to when WatchESPN will be available. I will be happy to ksend your request to our Marketing Department to offer it. As a Mediacom Customer you have access to ESPN3.com.

Offline MikeR87

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 06:06:49 PM »
ESPN3 is no longer an option for watching games..... Mediacom has seriously dropped the ball here by not getting WatchESPN

MediacomTim

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 06:50:09 PM »
There is a link to ESPN3 at :http://mediacomtoday.com/ and also on Xbox Live, as I was personally watching it last night.

Offline glimmerman76

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2012, 08:56:31 AM »
you might have been watching it but espn has said they are moving away from espn 3 for streaming games and other things.  watchespn is the new thing mediacom as per the usual is not worried about the customer. 

MediacomBill

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2012, 09:14:49 AM »
It is being evaluated.

Offline glimmerman76

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2012, 11:16:49 AM »
It is being evaluated.

thats the problem it should have been evaluated is april and may but as per the usual mediacom waits till the last second to deal with it.  just like the bring your own phone modem. 

MediacomBill

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2012, 11:20:01 AM »
Thank you for your input.

Offline bunger

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2012, 09:35:42 AM »
To be fair, there are a LOT of large providers that don't offer Watch ESPN yet.

I'm thrilled to get ESPN 3 with Mediacom, and to whomever made the streaming games comment above (or lack thereof) there were only 2-3 games on ESPN 3 this past saturday (college football) that were Watch ESPN exclusive.  Most of those were on ESPN, ESPN 2 or ESPN U.  ESPN doesn't make money if they stream their premium content online.  That's just common sense.

Also, SOME games that show "Watch ESPN" were still coming in on ESPN 3 this past weekend. 

But yes, Mediacom, you really should get on the watch ESPN thing.  Like...now. 

Offline bunger

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2012, 09:41:30 AM »
Another thing you guys need to realize is Mediacom isn't going to tell us anything about what is going on.  The "being evaluated" is just their polite way of saying "It's not your business what we are doing right now"

We just need to keep letting them know we want it and then maybe they'll do it.

MediacomBill

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2012, 09:45:47 AM »
Thank you for your input.

Offline MizzouLife

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2012, 11:41:04 PM »
I noticed someone said, "not a lot of other cable companies offer WatchESPN," which is not at all true.  WatchESPN is available on TimeWarner cable which is all over, Xfinity which is Comcast Cable, as well as VerizonFIOS and Bright House Networks.  When you look at how many metro areas they all reach, it's quite a large amount of people.

June 2012 Consumer Reports identifies Mediacom as the worst cable company in America, and I believe it.  The only reason we have Mediacom is because it's the only cable service available where I live.  I have looked at options to go through ANY of the companies listed above so I can access WatchESPN, but it is impossible.  That mixed in with the fact that Mediacom clearly doesn't care about getting the service is beyond annoying.

If you think asking the mods on here to forward something to their marketing department is going to make any difference, you're fooling yourself.  There's a thing built in to WatchESPN where you can send a request to your cable company to carry it, so I'm sure Mediacom has gotten several of these but just flat out doesn't care.  Mediacom only retains our business by default because switching to a WatchESPN affiliate is not an option.  Can't wait for the first chance to bail when some satellite provider offers it, OR stay if Mediacom did by some divine intervention, but I won't hold my breath.  And please spare me the "we forwarded your message" reply because I know just as well as you do that it's going to fall on deaf ears.

Offline MediacomDrew

• Global Moderator
  • Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2012, 07:24:04 AM »
The decision to  carry additional TV Everywhere apps etc., unfortunately does not only boil down to customer demand.  While I, personally, would love to see this launch, there are always hurdles such as cost, right to carry, and agreements with the parent company.  Unfortunately, for one reason or another unknown to us moderators here, we are not currently in the position to offer this.  However, as we hear news we will certainly forward this on to the members of our boards.  Until then, if you would like to continue to make requests, you are more than welcome to do so here.  Reset assured, that these do not go unnoticed.  Please keep in mind, however, that while these requests are taken seriously, they are only a part of the whole.

Offline bhembrojax23

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2012, 07:43:07 PM »
Count me in on this too.  Could have monday night football, nlcs, and presidential debate on simultaneously.  Having watchespn will help.  Fox doesnt air their games online.