I really do not know where to begin my experiences with Mediacom and your horrible customer service.
1. Installation originally scheduled for May 28 for new cable tv and existing internet move, with an extra cable card. was promised hd service when ordering
2. Contractor Tech comes out, no cable card. no hd box. I ask tech, he says I don't know anything, all I know is this is what the warehouse gave me. Said he was a contractor and I probably knew more about the order than he did.
3. I call cust service and they said no hd service was put on. Not true, I had signed up for hd service. Why would I have a HDTV, pay $80/month for tv and not ask for high def? Does it make sense?
4. Contractor Tech installs cables OUT EXPOSED ON THE LAWN, leaves without an order for burying it.WHICH COMPANY WOULD LEAVE UTILITY CABLES LYING EXPOSED? THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN EVEN IN 3RD WORLD COUNTRIES!
5. Cable gets cut May 29th morning probably by a lawnmower (since it was lying on the lawn exposed), no tv or internet service for 4 days causing major issues as this past week I was working from home and my livelihood was affected.
6. Promised "priority" service, and repair was scheduled for 4 days later!!!
After multiple calls, atleast 5 from Sunday to Wednesday, tech comes out, he/she was supposed to call before they came but did not, fixes cut cable, does not have courtesy to even notify me that he even fixed it. All this time I am still waiting for him from 1-5 PM 6/1. I finally called Mediacom at 5:15, they say tech came out and closed theorder. Still no order placed for burying cable. HUH?
7. I test internet speeds, and I get download speeds of 2.5 mbs, paying for 12 mbps.
8. I call to cancel this terrible service, retention dept promises to send contractor to bury cable within 21 days. send someone out to fix internet speeds. Sets me up for a cable card install June 4th. Why should the customer have to place an order for burying cable exposed by mediacom installation techs?!?
9. So another tech, visit scheduled for 6-4-2011, today, for a cable card install
10. Tech (Nick) comes, no cable card, AGAIN!!! Says he was not given one by warehouse, same story exactly a week ago.
11. Contact mediacom cable tv tech support again for what is probably now the 10th time in past one week, I ask for a supervisor, I get transferred to customer service instead, and this woman agent says install was scheduled for 8-11 am, and ticket was closed. This is with the tech having called me on his way for the 1 pm appointment!!! When I tell her that, she is rude and literally asks me to shut up! I ask to be transferred to a supervisor yet again, then this woman hangs up on me.
HOW CAN SHE SAY JOB WAS SCHEDULED FOR 8-11 AM AND WAS CANCELLED WHEN AT 12 PM THE TECH CALLED TO SAY HE WAS COMING AT 1PM?!? The arrogant woman tells me "YOU ARE NOT LISTENING TO ME" and when asked to transfer to a supervisor she disconnects.
12. I ask Nick to call Mediacom this time, he calls, and now Mediacom tells him to tell me that new date for cablecard install is June 8. I say not acceptable, I want the cable card first thing Monday morning 8 AM. Nick calls his supervisor's boss Darren(?), and I am told that MOnday morning I might get a cable card, if they have one in stock. SO I will be taking time off yet again from work, hoping that mighty Mediacom will condescend to send me cable card even though it was asked for a week ago AND I AM BEING CHARGED FOR IT.
13. If cablecards are not available on Saturdays because your warehouse is closed, then (i) Why can't customer service inform me about this, rather than sending out a tech without a cable card twice and (ii) Why can't the techs receive their orders the previous day so they atleast are able to go to the warehouse when it is still open and pick up the cablecard?
14. I have had mediacom internet for a over year, and unfortunately for me, and conveniently for mediacom, locked into a contract. I must have called over 20 times with service reliability issues over the past year, poor speeds (2-3 mbps most times of the day), and now this with the cablecard. I can see why mediacom likes to lock people into internet contracts now.
Almost every agent I have spoken to with Mediacom has been curt and rude, some more so than others. I see online that many have had this experience. Your entire customer service lineup should be fired. In this economy, with millions out of a job, I am sure atleast half of them would gladly take up the jobs your current tech support/customer service staff have, provide superior levels of service, for half the pay. You don't get this bad of a service even from 3rd world countries.
If you serviced an area where you had competition with Comcast and other cable companies, you would cease to exist as a business. Which is probably why you do not serve large cities.